Teenagers have been struck particularly hard by the covid pandemic and their needs for social development seem to me to be greater than ever, given their reliance on social media and gaming through long periods of disconnect through social distancing, lockdown and isolation periods. I notice from the increased number of referrals I am receiving for therapy for adolescents how this group of people are finding it hard to re-surface from the pandemic as they have come un-stuck in terms of their ability to socialise.
This workshop is for teenagers who want to understand anxiety and to learn ways to manage it, so that they can open up their lives and do the things they have been avoiding or struggling to do.
6 sessions at Brighton Consulting Rooms (2 hours per session)
1. What is anxiety and why is it happening to me? (understanding my triggers)
2. The link between thoughts, feelings, behaviours and body sensations
3. Self Care: Grounding and Relaxation Techniques
4. Creating a breakthrough - what do I want to change?
5. Trigger Moments - how to manage them
6. Maintaining the gains
Register your interest below or contact me for further information